Elm and dragon heartstring, eighteen inches
Abraxas Malfoy (A-BRAX-us MAL-foy) (d. 1996) was a British pure-blood wizard, the father of Lucius Malfoy and one of the Death Eaters of Lord Voldemort; he was responsible for the removal of Nobby Leach from his position as Minister for Magic in 1968.
Abraxas Malfoy was born into the pure-blood Malfoy family sometime in the early twentieth century. He was acquainted with Horace Slughorn sometime in his earlier years, the latter claiming he was a brilliant wizard.
In 1954, Abraxas and his wife had one child, Lucius Malfoy, who would later grow up to become a Death Eater himself; Lucius would be responsible for the casting of the Imperius Curse on many, including Broderick Bode, and was thus indirectly responsible for Bode's death.
In 1968, Malfoy was part of a conspiracy against the first-ever Muggle-born Minister for Magic, Nobby Leach. Malfoy and several other wizards forced Leach out of his position at the Ministry prematurely through a combination of blackmail and Dark Magic.
At some point in his older life, Abraxas Malfoy died from dragon pox, a common malady of the elderly
"Malfoy" is old French and translates as meaning "bad faith", and is thus fitting for him.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Chapter 9 (The Half-Blood Prince)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - Chapter 9 (The Writing on the Wall)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - Chapter 4 (At Flourish and Blotts)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 4.8 4.9 Pottermore - New From J. K. Rowling - The Malfoy Family
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix