Pure-blood or Half-blood
Minister for Magic (formerly)
Minister for Magic (formerly)
Junior Minister of the Department of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes (formerly)
Advisor to the Minister for Magic
Messenger to the Muggle Prime Minister (formerly)
Ministry of Magic Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (formerly)
Cornelius Oswald Fudge O. M. , First Class, (b. before 1964) is a recurring character in the Harry Potter franchise. He is a supporting character for the first four books, while in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix become a minor antagonist and reappears in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince as a minor character. He was a British wizard and the Minister for Magic of Britain from 1990 until 1996, at which point he was replaced by Rufus Scrimgeour.
Fudge was a short, portly man with rumpled grey hair and a very anxious expression. He wore a pinstriped grey suit, a black cloak, a red tie, purple boots and a lime-green bowler hat, the hat which he became notorious for wearing.
Personality and traitsEdit
Fudge had always been insecure in the extreme, almost to the point of paranoia; he was bumbling and easily confused, but generally good-natured towards those who were able to maintain peace and security. He demanded comfort and safety at all times, and when he felt that the illusions of those basic needs were being disrupted, he became quite angry and went so far as to hold a year-long smear campaign against Albus Dumbledore and Harry Potter, turning most of wizardkind against the two, for their suggesting that Lord Voldemort may have returned; his disbelief in them gave Voldemort an entire year to rebuild his army.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Fudge, like many other characters, appears much older in the film than his book counter-part. He is also not as detestable as his book counterpart; he does not yell at McGonagall and Dumbledore, and the smear campaign is not as grand as its book counterpart.
- He has a brother, and by this sibling a nephew named Rufus.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 As Fudge was already working as Junior Minister at the Ministry in 1981, it is highly likely he was at least 17 at this time.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 WOMBAT Test at J. K. Rowling's Official Site, which states that all Wizengamot members (thus including Fudge) are pure-blood.
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Chapter 28 (The Madness of Mr Crouch)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - Chapter 14 (Cornelius Fudge)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - Chapter 3 (The Knight Bus)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Chapter 8 (The Hearing)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Chapter 1 (The Other Minister)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Chapter 36 (The Parting of the Ways)