Professor Filius Flitwick (b. 17 October, 1935) was a half-blood wizard with a dash of goblin ancestry, the Head of Ravenclaw House and the Charms teacher at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
Filius was born into the Flitwick family, the elder brother of Flitwick, which has a dash of goblin ancestry very far back in the family. He attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry from 1945 to 1952, and was sorted into Ravenclaw House.
Early into his adulthood, Flitwick became a duelling champion, a fact that was well-known even into later generations.
In June of 1976, Flitwick administered the written Defence Against the Dark Arts Ordinary Wizarding Level. When he attempted to summon the test results to him, they all flew into him with such force that he fell off his pile of books and had to have a few students lift him back up.
On 1 November, 1981, for undisclosed reasoning, Flitwick was present in Little Whinging, a Muggle town in the English county of Surrey at five o'clock. While Vernon Dursley was leaving the car park of Grunnings, his drill company, he walked into Flitwick, who hugged him and praised the defeat of the Dark Lord before walking away, leaving Vernon shocked.
Flitwick continued teaching well into the twenty-first century, and celebrated his birthday annually, although he needed to stand on several piles of books to blow out his candles.
Flitwick was a very small man, so much so that he had to stand on a pile of books to be seen over his desk, with a puff of white hair, wide blue eyes and wrinkled white skin. He also had a beard
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 See this birthday archive
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 He attended Hogwarts School in the same year as Minerva McGonagall, who was born in October 1935, and as he also was born in October, this must also be his birth-year.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 As Flitwick is not Muggle-born because he was allowed at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, but he has very distant goblin ancestry he cannot be pure-blood.
- ↑ J. K. Rowling's Official Site - Very early draft of Philosopher's Stone
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Chapter Eight - The Potions Master)
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 Pottermore - New From J. K. Rowling: Professor McGonagall
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Chapter Eleven - The Duelling Club)
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Chapter Twenty-Eight - Snape's Worst Memory)
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - Chapter 1 (The Boy Who Lived)
- ↑ Pottermore Insider: Happy Birthday Filius Flitwick!
- ↑ Pottermore