- "Blood spurted from Malfoy's face and chest as though he had been slashed with an invisible sword."
The Sectumsempra Spell (Sectumsempra) is a potentially fatal curse that can be used to inflict deep wounds in the victim. Severus Snape invented it in his first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Chapter Twenty-Four - Sectumsempra)
- ↑ Scholastic Harry Potter Pronunciation Guide
- ↑ See this script for the sixth film
- ↑ Sirius Black stated that "knew more curses when he arrived at school than half the kids in seventh year", implying he knew spells the likes of which others did not know. Also, by their fifth year everybody in the school could cast it non-verbally, which is very difficult especially with a new spell.
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Chapter Four - The Seven Potters)