Wizardkind is a branch of humanity, a type of human that exists in an entirely politically separate civilisation whilst sharing a geographic space with their non-magical counterparts, who are known as Muggles.
Whilst mingling in Muggle society, wizards are required to dress as Muggles in accordance with fashion, climate, region and occasion. They may reveal themselves to one another by wearing purple or green, or often both in combination. Despite the law stating that they must dress as Muggles, wizards often either accidentally or intentionally misdress, wearing psychedelic loon pants or else their usual robes and cloaks.
Some witches and wizards, such as Arthur Weasley and Carlotta Pinkstone, feel that Muggles are equal to wizardkind, and are affectionate to them; others, such as Voldemort and, to a lesser degree, Hambledon Quince, suggest that wizards are far superior to Muggles.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows